I know, a bit late, but it wasn’t until now I saw there was a December servicing release to MDOP, Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack.
The most interesting part to me are the MBAM fixes, but there are fixes to App-V as well, read about below or just go ahead and download them: https://support.microsoft.com/kb/3198158.
For App-V 5.1 RTM, this servicing release fixes the following issues:
- Group-specific functionality is incorrectly made available to other groups if the Optional feature is used.
- Using Dynamic Virtualization, file handles are not closed when a shell extension is unloaded. This issue can cause Explorer.exe to keep DLL file handles after a shell extension unloads them. This can block upgrade of the shell extension.
- After the first-time sync of a Connection Group (CG) on the device, newly added packages to the CG are not enabled.
- When you install the App-V Server management database (DB) by using SQL scripts, an SQL error is reported. The workaround that was first documented in App-V 5.0 Service Pack 3 (SP3) is now incorporated into the SQL scripts to eliminate this error.
- The FullVFSWriteMode tag in a Sequencer template is ignored. (This issue is not fixed in the update. However, it is fixed in the latest Sequencer installer. To get the installer, please contact your Microsoft Customer Service and Support representative.)
- On the Server Management console, applying an action to a filtered subset of packages actually applies the action to all packages.
For MBAM 2.5 SP1, this servicing release fixes the following issues:
- A SQL deadlock issue occurs when multiple users from different domains try to access the database at the same time.
- A device that has a mounted, unencrypted, removable drive (for example, an SD card) can cause increased CPU usage and the inability of the device to enter the low-power state.
Improvements in this update
For App-V 5.1 RTM, this servicing release makes the following improvements:
- The App-V Client, RDS, and Server now have the same build number.
For MBAM 2.5 SP1, this servicing release Makes the following improvements:
- The GPO description and the Invoke-MbamClientDeployment.ps1 MBAM deployment script for Bitlocker XTS-AES support are updated. The Microsoft Download Center provides the following download and installation instructions:
- The updated GPO: Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack Group Policy Administrative Templates
- The updated deployment script: Microsoft BitLocker Administration and Monitoring – Client Deployment Scripts