There are several updates, new tools and a web application lab kit recently released by Microsoft for Windows 10, IE11 and Microsoft Edge.
Information about the changes including updates in Internet Explorer 11, Windows 10 Fall update, document modes and support for ports etc can be found here: http://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/2015/11/23/windows-10-1511-enterprise-improvements/
Summary from selected parts and resources found below
For Windows 10 with Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 there are also some updates including when using Internet Explorer specified sites can be automatically opened in Edge, like the experience in Edge today
There is also a new easier to read and manage XML schema available, but please note that this only works on IE11 and Edge in Windows 10 from Fall update. It will come in early 2016 to IE11 on Windows 7 and 8.1, so please do not try to use the new XML version on Windows 7/8.1 devices today.
With these updates and Windows 10 Fall update Microsoft sees the following options regarding what browser to choose
- Use Microsoft Edge as your primary browser
- Use Microsoft Edge as your primary browser and use Enterprise Mode to open sites in IE11 that use IE proprietary technologies
- Use Microsoft Edge as your primary browser and open all intranet sites in IE11
- Use IE11 as your primary browser and use Enterprise Mode to open sites in Microsoft Edge that use modern web technologies
- Use IE11 as your primary browser
Enterprise Mode Site List Manager for Windows 10 build with version 2 XML schema
Enterprise Mode Site List Manager for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 with version 1 XML schema
Documentation Enterprise Mode Site List Manager
Collect data using Enterprise Site Discovery
Web Application Compatibility Lab Kit