Now its time to get to know the new Assessment and Deployment Kit, ADK, for Windows 8.1.
There have been some updates in the tools and to name a few
- New installation path: %PROGRAMFILES(x86)%\Windows Kits\8.1\Assessment and Deployment kit
- Windows Assessments got new assessments
- Windows Performance Toolkit got most of their updates in WPA like Comparative Analysis Views
- DISM got support for Windows 8.1/2012 R2/PE 5.0 and Vista support is dropped
- In Sysprep the User interface is deprecated
Now – time to go download the bits!
Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (Windows ADK) for Windows 8.1: http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=39982
What’s New in the Windows ADK for Windows 8.1: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/dn247001.aspx
Windows ADK Overview: http://msdn.microsoft.com/sv-se/library/windows/hardware/hh825486
Reblogged this on MDTGuy.WordPress.com and commented:
Mattias over at Deploy Windows beat me to the punch here, but its still good news none the less. Windows 8.1 ADK is out! I highly recommend it, it works just fine with Windows 7 but do be advised this will not work with WinXP or Vista. Also make sure to check out MDT 2013 as well.